All students attending Anoka Technical College are welcome to take advantage of our free tutoring services, which include peer tutoring and 24/7 online access to Tutor.com in D2L.
For questions about tutoring services or to apply to become a tutor, contact Lucas Erie, Peer Tutoring Coordinator.
Anoka Technical College's Peer Tutors are available both online and on-campus. Services currently offered include:
- Scheduled appointments are available both on-campus and by Zoom video chat.
- To schedule an on-campus or Zoom tutor meeting, students must email the tutor directly to request an appointment. IMPORTANT: Students must use their ATC student email when contacting a peer tutor for an appointment.
- Appointments must be made for a time the tutor is scheduled to work.
- Looking to connect with a tutor immediately? Peer tutors offer drop-in meetings both on-campus and online via Zoom.
- No appointment required. Tutors are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Use the online paper review drop box to submit your work to a writing tutor.
- Please allow 1-3 business days for your review (Need quicker turn-around? Try Tutor.com- see below for more information).
Peer tutors, and the subjects they can help with, may change every semester. If the subject you need help with is not currently available through Peer Tutoring, contact Lucas Erie or access Tutor.com in D2L.
Anoka Technical College students can access Tutor.com through their D2L account. Tutor.com is a free, 24/7 online tutoring service. All students receive 15 hours of free Tutor.com access each year.
- You can access Tutor.com services through any course's homepage in D2L.
- Tutor.com services include live assistance with a wide variety of course subjects and fast paper/essay reviews (turn-around is typically under 12 hours).
- Tutor.com tutorial videos
- Running low on your 15 hours? Contact Lucas Erie to see if you are eligible for more Tutor.com hours.
Assistance is provided on an individual or small group basis to any student attending Anoka Technical College. Tutored subjects in the Writing Center include all courses taught at Anoka Technical College that involve writing activities, with a special emphasis on English Composition courses.
The IT Department's Technology Tutor service offers help with online learning tools such as D2L, Microsoft 365 (Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Zoom, and MediaSpace.